IGNITION INTERLOCK IS MANDATORY IN VIRGINIA; FIGHT YOUR CHARGE
Having an Ignition Interlock on your car for 6 months is a nightmare; any measurable alcohol in your system will keep the car from starting. An experienced firm such as the Law offices of Christopher P. James can help you to fight the D.W.I. or D.U.I. charges that lead to mandatory Ignition Interlock, through our thorough and aggressive representation. Mr. James is an experienced D.W.I. and D.U.I., attorney familiar with the problems Ignition Interlock causes.
What is Ignition Interlock?
“An ignition interlock is a device which prevents a vehicle from starting if the driver has been drinking. The device works like a breathalyzer, measuring the alcohol in a person’s system. If the amount of alcohol on the driver’s breath exceeds a pre-programmed level, then the interlock temporarily locks the vehicle’s ignition.” You should also know that:
- If ordered to use Interlock, you will be liable for installation and service fees
- Violations can result in a new charge if you blow with alcohol on your breath. You would have to back to court face any suspended jail time being imposed
- ASAP monitors your Interlock compliance
- Interlock can set up random samples
- If your BAC is over .20, Interlock will be required on all cars you operate
- You can set up your own interference or alarm system to help you
Under 18.2-270, the BAC limit for starting a car with Interlock installed is very low, .02. It can create obstacles to for drivers well within the standard legal limits. Additionally, you have to pay for the device, and submit print Interlock reports to the courts and ASAP on a regular basis.
Let the Law Offices of Christopher P. James help you avoid the hassles and expense that come with Ignition Interlock. We have helped thousands of people just like you fight D.U.I. and D.W.I. charges in Prince William, Fairfax and Loudoun County. Call today for a free strategy session, or visit our offices, located in Manassas and Oakton/Vienna.